Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It's Official . . .

Well, I was at the Jefferson County Courthouse bright and early yesterday morning, waiting for 8 o'clock to roll around so I could get my petition filed and get on the ballot as a State's Attorney candidate. I'm thrilled to announce that I am now an official candidate to become the Democrat nominee on March 20, 2012 for Jefferson County State's Attorney! By 1:00 p.m., I was back at the courthouse in juvenile court - abuse & neglect. Needless to say, when I got home, my 3 kids got big hugs from their mom.

Now, let's get back to the campaign. Didn't WMIX do a great job with my radio ads last night and today? I was rather pleased with the placement. I hope that by listening to them, you have learned that I have over 14 years' legal experience and have served both as a Jefferson County Assistant State's Attorney and as an Administrative Law Judge (with Illinois Secretary of State's Office).

Today's Sentinel had a front-page photo of me in line to file my petition. The Sentinel also ran my first printed political advertisement in this quest to become the next elected Jefferson County State's Attorney. Again, I am very pleased with the placement. Additional informational ads are forthcoming of course.

Remember, the Christmas Parade is this Saturday, December 3rd at 5:00 p.m. Thank you to everyone who has eagerly volunteered to brave the cold and walk with me! I so appreciate each of you. I was so excited when I counted up how many t-shirts needed to be ordered. If anyone else would like to join us, please let me know. You can comment here or on facebook, or e-mail me at mwalton@meleahwaltonlaw.com, or call me at (618)204-5022. We'll have lots of fun giving out treat bags to the kids and meeting new people! Then, we'll relax with cups of hot chocolate and good fellowship.

May you have a restful night's sleep. Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment