Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 2 of the Quest - Part 1

Thanks for coming on this crazy journey with me! Just a quick note today. Yesterday, I picked up my petition to run in the Democrat primary in March (primary election day is March 20, 2012 - fyi). Man, word got out quick! I'm excited and so affirmed by the support already shown me!

I guess letting you all know a little about me is in order, huh? I've been married to my high school sweetheart, Richard "Brett" Walton", for 19 1/2 years. He's worked at Continental (General Tire) since shortly after our nuptials. We have 3 great kids (most days - lol): Madi, who is a few days shy of 17; Will, who is 11; and Matt, who is 10. I grew up in Belle Rive (go Roadrunners!), graduated from good ol' Mt. Vernon Twp. High (Class of '88 - dating myself, I know). My parents are Bill and Carolyn (Scrivner) Cross and my father-in-love and mother-in-love are Dick & Donna Walton.

I love this community and the beautiful people who live here.

More later . . .

Meleah




5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere, dear friend! I look forward to following your journey...from both near and far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Meleah! Ill keep you looking good..just wish I could vote for you from Williamson County!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yippee! you will a great blogger and a great state's attorney. Go Meleah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thrilled @ your new endeavor--great blog--it's so you! Wish I could vote from Washington County. Need to sell my house and move to Jefferson Cnty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck with your political ambitions, Meleah. You will make an excellent State's Attorney. Looking forward to casting my vote for you.

    -Robert M.

    ReplyDelete