Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Day That Will Live in Infamy (at least in my mind) - November 22, 2011


See that beautiful young woman? That's my first-born child, Madi Grayce and she's 17 today! Oh how I remember that day . . .

I was a second-year law student at S.I.U. and Thanksgiving Break had just begun a couple of days before when our princess entered our world - perfect and beautiful, of course! After many, many, many hours of labor and finally a c-section, along came our little girl. She's been a joy ever since (well, for the vast majority of the time :)).

Madi has grown up in the midst of my legal endeavors. Ya know, she attended law school in utero and on a few occasions in her own skin; that's why she's so smart and uses big words. LOL. When I started my first job with the Jefferson County State's Attorney's Office, she warmed the hearts of many at the courthouse with her Precious Moments eyes and cotton-top hair.

So, today, my little girl is 17. She continues to warm the hearts of all who know her and she makes one heck of a legal secretary!

You all have a wonderful night . . . and be on the lookout for Madi's mom carrying her petition to run for office.

3 comments:

  1. I remember that day, too. Our little law school baby girls have grown into remarkable young women. Where have 17 years gone, though? I know we're not that much older!

    Happy Birthday, Madi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday dear Madison...(I assumed she's named after the president? lol)

    Ahhhh...can she count in utero experience on her resume?

    Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete