Saturday, February 11, 2012

Every Journey Must Come to an End . . . Thank You All.

February 20, 2012
Dear Friends:

After much soul-searching and with a great deal of regret, I have decided to withdraw as a candidate for Jefferson County State’s Attorney. I would like to thank my many friends for their loyal support and for all of their hard work. An effective candidate must dedicate most of one’s time to the campaign. At this time it is just not possible for me to do so and still maintain the foremost needs of my family and my private practice.

I do urge those who have worked for me to give their support to my friend and colleague Nobel Dowell. I entered the race for State’s Attorney because I care deeply for this community and for the safety of our citizens, especially the safety of our children. I knew, with my years of legal experience and my time as a criminal prosecutor, I could help make a difference. When I entered the race, no other experienced lawyer was a State’s Attorney candidate for either political party. Nobel Dowell has since announced his candidacy. I know Nobel. He has over thirty years of experience in the practice of law. He is an excellent lawyer and is one who believes in the principles of our system of justice. Your vote for Nobel Dowell will serve my goal to have an experienced and qualified State’s Attorney protecting the community that is Jefferson County.

Sincerely,

Meleah H. Walton

No comments:

Post a Comment